Our family is always on the move – finding exciting new local places to explore, running daily errands, and attending family functions. It became challenging to make sure our daughter was getting the nutrients she needed. So, I did what all mom’s do when they need to find a solution—created a Pinterest board! Every great snack and lunch I could find is there. The hardest part was finding the right food combinations she would actually eat. Here’s my top five on-the-go snacks:
- Triscuit crackers, black olives (cut in half), diced pears
- Graham crackers, green beans, ½ banana
- Cubed sweet potato, black beans, corn (We like to include Simple Truth grilled chicken strips)
- SunButter or Ritz crackers, deli turkey roll, blueberries
- Triscuit crackers with hummus or avocado spread, strawberries
Have a messy eater? Keep a roll of craft paper in your car’s trunk. It makes a great placemat or even a changing pad for unexpected needs. Plus, you can grab it from your local dollar store (or Amazon)!