This is a family favorite – my kids ask for this all the time. Hope your family enjoys it as well!
Fiesta Chicken Casserole Recipe
1 T. canola oil
1 C. onion, chopped
1-1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
2 cans (15.5 oz.) Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained
2 C. shredded, skinless cooked chicken (rotisserie)
1 C. sliced green onion
Corn tortillas (6 inch)
2 C. Mexican-blend cheese
1 C. 1% low-fat milk
1/2 C. cilantro (I use a whole bunch)
1 (16oz.) jar green salsa
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Butter baking dish
• Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
• Cook onion until tender. Add beans and spices. Cook until heated through.
• Add green onion, mix well.
• Add bean mixture to shredded chicken and mix well.
• Layer 6 tortillas in bottom of buttered baking dish.
• Spread 1/2 chicken/bean mixture over top. Top that with 1/3 cheese.
• Repeat layers and finish with layer of tortillas on top. Set aside.
• In blender, combine salsa, milk and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
• Pour over tortillas.
• Cover and bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
• Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered 5–10 more minutes.
You can add olives and peppers on top, too! Enjoy!