Nat’s Notes: Place soup in the plate, top with ravioli in the center. Add sage sauce and sour cream. Serve hot with shredded Swiss cheese on the side.
12 Wonton dough
1 Butternut squash
1 Red onion
1/2 Red cabbage
1 White onion
1 small Celery root
1 cup Chicken or vegetable stock
2 oz. Mushroom (shiitake or portobella)
1 cup Heavy cream
1 bunch Watercress
1 sprig Sage
2 oz. Sour cream
1 oz. Hazelnut
3 oz. Swiss cheese
1 oz. Walnut
Butter, olive oil, salt and pepper, caraway seed
Preparation – Step 1
• Cut in a small dice: butternut squash, red cabbage, mushrooms, red onion, turnip and celery root.
• Sauté with olive oil and cook until very tender.
• Roast and chop hazelnuts and walnuts. Add to mix.
• Chop watercress and add to mix.
• Add caraway seed.
• Salt and pepper to taste. Keep cool.
• Peel the pumpkin; dice the meat into 1-inch cubes.
• Dice leek and white onion.
• Sauté onion and leek with olive oil.
• Add pumpkin. Cover with water and let cook until very tender.
• Add salt and pepper.
• Put everything in the blender with only enough of the stock to make soup thick.
• Add butter and salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation – Step 2 (Make the Sauce)
• Reduce half chicken or vegetable stock with heavy cream.
• Whip in a little butter.
• Add sage stem.
• Salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
Preparation – Step 3 (Assembly)
• Brush 6 wonton wrappers with egg wash.
• Place small spoonfuls of the filling on each wrapper then close with the 6 other wonton wrappers on top to make raviolis.
• In boiling water, cook the raviolis. Keep warm.
• Julienne sage leaf.
• Pass sauce through a strainer and add sage leafs.