Calling all Cincinnati couples… this blog is just for you! My anniversary is just around the corner and one of my favorite things to do is put on a cute outfit and go on a special date. Although, you may be like me and feel like you’ve just about ran out of dinner ideas. I think it’s time we all try something new. Enjoy this list of best date night spots in Cincinnati. Send this to your significant other for a hint… 😉
- Emery – This one of a kind date night spot is located in the heart of Mariemont. Start off your evening ordering the whipped feta, one of Emery’s crowd favorites. Their menu has an entrée for just about everyone, but they are specially known for their seafood. End your evening enjoying Emery’s donut holes, dipped in their house-made chocolate sauce. Bonus- Their menu has a large variety of gluten free options.
- Primavista – Located less than 10 minutes from downtown Cincinnati. Enjoy your 5 star Italian diner with a view like no other. Primavista was named “Best Italian Restaurant” by Cincinnati Magazine. This date night spot has also won “Best Dining with a View,” “Best Date Spot,” “Most Romantic,” and many more by CityBeat and Cin Weekly. I highly recommend you plan out your reservation in advance, as this spot is very popular. Pro tip-when you make your reservation, try asking for a window seat, you won’t regret it.
- Pep and Delores– Located in OTR. I know I just recommended an Italian restaurant but hey.. don’t we need MORE options?! I have never tasted pasta like I have at Pep and Delores, you have to try it! If you haven’t been, make a reservation for your next date night and try the marinated cucumbers for an appetizer and the pesto for your entrée. Those are my absolute favorites! I highly recommend ordering more than one plate of food, as the servings aren’t too heavy. I also recommend sitting in the basement for a romantic date night vibe.
- The Mercer– An American inspired bistro, located in the heart of OTR. Looking for downtown vibes with amazing service? Look no further than The Mercer! They are known for having exceptional service and food. Their menu does not disappoint as their meat falls right from the bone. Try one of their uniquely prepared entrées, paired with one of their many delicious side dishes. Make sure you follow along on their Instagram to see when they are serving special dishes!
- The Birch– Eat, drink, private dine and bottle shop… that’s what you’ll get at The Birch, located in Terrace Park. This establishment has some of the best cocktails in town! One of my friends, Adelina, enjoyed her date night at the Birch-she had a relaxing evening on the patio, while snacking on their favorite, a charcuterie board and the signature rose spritz. Not only is the patio super cute, the inside is decorated bright and lovely. She highly recommends! Be sure to check out their retail room on your way out, there is a very nice selection of wine.
- The Symphony Restaurant– This “hidden gem of Cincinnati” is a restored townhome turned into a hotel and Cincinnati restaurant. Treat yourself to a five-course, gourmet dinner in OTR, just across from the Music Hall. The historically furnished restaurant, jazz bar & lounge are perfect for a romantic date night. Their executive Chef, Tonya McGriff, changes the course dinner menu seasonally, so check out the menu on their website prior to going. Jazz music times are in high demand so make sure to have a reservation. You can reserve by calling 513-721-3353 or through Resy.
- Gaslight Bar & Grill– Located in Clifton, this restaurant has some major history! Prior to Gaslight opening up, the building was the Clifton Branch Library. Start your date off with a small plate of fried oysters, or one of the chefs favorites, Elotes. If you guys personally know me, you know I love natural light and huge windows… this place has both! Bright atmosphere by day, warm ambiance by night. End your evening with a cocktail while watching the sunset outside, as Gaslight Bar & Grill has a rooftop terrace. Cheers!
- Butcher and Barrel – A unique authentic Argentine restaurant located downtown Cincinnati. As you know, they eat a lot of meat in Argentina. I like to start off with my favorite, the smoked wings! Make sure you save room for your entrée, there’s plenty to pick from. Butcher and Barrel offers specials such as entrees for two, half price select bottles of wine on Thursdays and half price pasta night is on Sundays. Want to make the date really spicy? Enjoy salsa dancing, their Thursday night special. Have fun!
- Salazar Restaurant– Lovely interior, amazing food, refreshing drinks and delicious sweets are located in OTR. Start off your date by ordering one of their unique cocktails, the Lily Pad was quite refreshing. Some of my favorite entrées are the Wagyu Sirloin Steak and the Roasted Chicken Breast. I would say all of the food here is fresh and flavorful. End your night with house made ice cream or sorbet. Keep in mind, Salazar’s menus reflect the seasons and are subject to change.
- The View at Shires’ Garden-Looking for somewhere with a good menu but also a good view AND patio? This date night spot stands high above the city, located on the 10th floor of downtowns City Club Apartments. I absolutely love the interior and vibes of this spot. There is an outdoor section on the rooftop where you can enjoy the city views with a drink, while watching the sunset. The cocktails here don’t only just look good, they taste good too! Check out their seasonal plates on their website, you won’t be disappointed.
- Enoteca Emilia– Enoteca Emilia used to be located in O’Bryonville but closed just about five years ago. This date night spot made it’s comeback, opening back up at its new location in Loveland. Have you ever tried gnocchi? If not, you have to try the gnocchi at Enoteca Emilia. It’s also refreshing to know that every dish is made with fresh and local ingredients. Bon Appétit!
Whether it’s your anniversary or “just because”, we all deserve a special date night. Make sure you click on each restaurant that’s listed, as it’s linked to each website for more details. Please reach out to me and let me know if you try any of these fabulous places with your significant other. I always love hearing your feedback. Enjoy!
See more of “All Things Cincy” on my blog at homewithhannahdowns.com.