Spring is a time of renewal and growth, but it can also be a time for clearing negative energy that may have accumulated in your home over the winter months. As a Reiki practitioner and real estate agent, I’ve used several techniques for clearing negative energy from a home to help promote a positive and harmonious living environment. You can use the 6 simple tips below to refresh your own home this spring.
- Open up the windows and let in fresh air – A simple yet effective way to clear out negative energy is by opening up your windows and allowing fresh air to circulate throughout your home. This can help to release any stagnant energy that may be present.
- Declutter and clean your space – A cluttered space can create negative energy, so take the time to declutter and clean your home this spring. Donate or discard items that no longer serve you, and create a more organized and harmonious living environment.
- Music and sound can be used along with other clearing methods. There are so many options in this category. Some tools that can be used for this are drums, singing bowls, bells, a tuning fork and more. A very simple way to use sound to lift the vibration of a space is playing uplifting music that you love.
- Smudge your home with smoke – Burning sage or palo santo is a practice that has been used for centuries to clear negative energy from a space. Both are in short supply, so making sure your purchase is ethically sourced is important. An alternative to using sage or palo santo is incense. Camphor incense sticks do a great job. Simply light the incense, sage or palo santo and move around your home, allowing the smoke to cleanse each room. If the windows can be open, this is preferred.
- Use Reiki symbols – If you are attuned to the Reiki symbols, they can be used to clear negative energy from a space. Draw the symbols in each room, focusing on the intention of clearing out negative energy and promoting positivity and harmony.
- Use crystals – Crystals are powerful tools for clearing negative energy. Place black tourmaline, selenite, or clear quartz throughout your home to help absorb negative energy and promote a positive energy flow. Blue kyanite is an amazing one to place about door thresholds for protection.
Clearing negative energy from your home is an important practice for promoting a positive and harmonious living environment. By using these simple techniques, you can clear out negative energy and create a space that supports your overall well-being. Allowing this to be a ceremony that shows your home love amplifies the intention of clearing your space.
If you are interested in Reiki and would like to learn more, my upcoming classes and workshops are listed below with links to sign up. Feel free to contact me or visit my Healing Homes and Hearts website for more information!
Spring Cleaning Reiki Workshop: Release the Old and Welcome the New
- April 23rd 2-3:30 (Sunflower Yoga – Springfield)
Sign up here.
Reiki I & II Class: Usui/Holy Fire® II
- April 15th & 16th (Online)
- May 20th & 21st (In Person)
- June 10th & 11th (Online)
- July 22nd-23rd (Online)
Sign up here.