Roasted Sea Bass with Tomato Compote, Balsamic Reduction, Green Vegetable Purée, Fondue of Sweet Peppers, Pinot Noir Butter Sauce
Nat’s notes: Place purée in the center of the plate, add pepper on top of the puree, then the fish and tomato compote. Pinot Noir sauce around the fish. Serve warm.
12 oz. Sea Bass
1 box Cherry Tomatoes
3 Bell Peppers (3 Colors)
1 lb. Green Vegetables (Spinach, Peas, Asparagus, Broccoli)
2 cups Pinot Noir
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 oz. Parmesan Cheese
1 Red Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
Red Wine Vinegar, Thyme, Basil, Butter, Salt and Pepper, Heavy Cream
• Cook green vegetables in boiling water until well done. Blend in food processor, add cream and salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
• Dice red onion and shallot. Sauté with olive oil, quarter tomatoes and add to onion, add some thyme and basil. Let cook until compote, salt and pepper to taste.
• Reduce Pinot Noir to a third.
• Julienne bell peppers and sauté with olive oil, thyme, basil and minced garlic clove.
• Salt and pepper to taste. Cook very slowly until very tender and at the end, deglaze with red wine.
• Reduce balsamic vinegar until syrupy.
• Sauté sea bass, brush with balsamic glaze and parmesan cheese, finish in oven.
• Finish the Pinot Noir reduction with butter, salt and pepper to taste.